The Lane Construction Corporation is a leading U.S. construction company specializing in the transportation, infrastructure and energy industries. Lane’s unique combination of capabilities includes public-private partnerships/innovative financing and joint ventures; large, complex design-build and bid-build projects; and the ability to produce and install asphalt, aggregates and concrete.
The Corporate Cost Engineer performs all aspects of Job Cost.
Including but not limited to:
- Requires technical knowledge of the construction work involved, and the ability to use cost-estimating methods.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Provide training and technical guidance to less experienced project and corporate personnel
- Perfom a variety of cost engineering fuctions encompassing estimating, cost control, budget preparations, forecasting, and cost reporting
- Perform and ensure an effective cost control for all on-going projects
- Ability to audit and manage possible financial risks
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Lane values
- And other duties as assigned
- 10-15 years experience
- BS in Engineering or Construction Management
- Experience in using computer based project controls software (Oracle-JDE, Excel, Insight, Word, Power Point)
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
Lane Construction offers a comprehensive benefits package with an excellent opportunity to grow and be part of one of the most respected names in the construction industry. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Lane is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Virginia Beach, VA