Job Summary: Reporting to the department of Budget and Planning Services, this position performs a variety of basic financial tasks such as preparing, examining, coding, and processing forms, vouchers, letters, documents, and reports for a variety of central business offices of the University.
This position also provides final review and approval of expenditure documentation for the university system.Essential Functions:
Receives, evaluates, codes, approves, enters, posts and/or processes vouchers, forms, reports, and other documents.
2. Identifies and resolves inconsistencies and errors in financial documentation with appropriate persons.
3. Assists vendors, parents, students or departments concerning payments, balances, payroll inquiries, discrepancies or other account issues.
4. Makes journal entries, updates accounts on financial systems and updates various budget or management reports.
5. Files original vouchers, certificates or other paperwork according to department policies and procedures.
6. Supports implementation of new or modified financial systems.
7. Collects and processes cash, checks, stock, money orders and/or other negotiable instruments.
8. May originate, prepare, and/or approve vouchers, forms, letters, reports and other documents in response to requests.
Entry into the applicant pool for Level I requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
Consideration for Level II requires a high school diploma or equivalent plus 2 years experience in financial support services.
Please utilize the attachment feature of our online employment site and attach the following: cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references.
Only complete application materials will be accepted for review.
A commitment to an inclusive and diverse campus environment is required.
Location/Region: Auburn University, AL (36849)