Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:
Responsible for the overall supervision of the corporate credit and collections department. The department oversees and manages the credit and collections operations of a consulting engineering firm with local offices across the country. Provides oversight to a team of collections coordinators and reviews/resolves complex collections issues.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall supervision of the Credit and Collections department. Responsibility includes hiring, training, mentoring, developing, scheduling, managing performance and other related activities.
- Implement policies and procedures to support the company’s strategic initiative of achieving 60 days or less for number of days in Accounts Receivable (AR).
- Coordinates the timely processing of client statements.
- Identify, develop and implement new policies and procedures to accelerate the collection of the company’s accounts receivable.
- Work directly with all parties including clients, project managers/engineers, corporate attorney, and, if applicable, outside collection agencies in the collection process.
- Manage the bad debt process including determining which collection agencies are used by Terracon, approving and coding bad debt, and filing mechanics liens. Communicate status of client with local Office Management to ensure project work is ceased.
- Prepare and distribute, in a timely manner, various reports to management reporting collection activity, operations collections activity and analysis of potential client payment issues.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining credit and collection files.
- Responsible for overseeing credit rating investigations, risk assessment and credit analysis for new and/or existing clients.
- Responsible for providing oversight on the systems management of the Terracon Collection Portal and future collection system initiatives.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with 7 years’ experience within the field of Credit and Collections. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 11 years’ related experience.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Credit Executive (CCE) issued by National Association of Credit Management (NACM)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Location/Region: Olathe, KS