Accountant-Multifamily - 1902369
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Accountant-Multifamily for their Accounting Department. The right candidate will Apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Assist in maintaining budgets and projected costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review job costs for budget variances, cost code errors, and other posting errors on invoices, etc.
- Oversee accounts payable and check processing
- Facilitates multi-state subcontractor lien waiver processing
- Review SG&A expenses and provide coding
- Review employee expense reimbursements for accuracy and appropriate documentation
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- Conduct monthly close procedures and ensure deadlines are met
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Assist vendors with any questions as needed
- Assist in SG&A forecast preparation
- Other ad hoc analyses, reports and projects as needed by division management
Directly supervises 1 or more employees in the DHI Communities Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Accounting from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder. #WeBuildPeople2
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and like us on Facebook and Instagram!
: Home Builder
: Aug 8, 2019, 1:00:00 AM
Location/Region: Arlington, TX